Monday, March 29, 2010

Insomnia Satisfaction


A few nights ago I couldn't seem to fall asleep. I've just got too much running around in my head lately. I also had an itching to make something that wasn't on the "to-make" list. I needed to be spontaneously crafty. Browsing through some blogs and other websites, I came across an adorable bird embroidery pattern from Geninne.com.

I first wanted to try putting the little guy on a solid color kitchen towel. The problem with that was that I didn't have a solid color kitchen towel, any extra funds to get one, and it was after midnight. I do have a bunch of IKEA blue and white kitchen towels on hand and immediately loved the idea of embroidering on a patterned fabric instead. A little after 3am (I think), I ended up a very happy camper. I kind of adjusted the pattern as I went along- omitted some details, most of which was intentional. I think. I'm currently wrestling with the desire to make many (many) more. I think that sewing birds onto everything I own might be a little overkill. But it's still pretty tempting.

3 comments:

Klementine said...

OMG. Love. LOVE!

Kacy said...

That is SO CUTE! I don't think you can too many birds.

Lori said...

Cute! Worth being up at 3 a.m.

Blogging tips