Friday, January 14, 2011

A Skirt for the Bean

Every time I have a big project to do, I do a lot of prep work. I think about it.  I sketch it out, in my head and on paper.  I do some measurements.  I think about it some more.  I get everything together, and get started.  On another project with zero pressure. 

Every time.

I'm currently working on nursery bedding for my brother and sister-in-law.  It's very exciting and I'm thrilled to have the chance to work on it.  It's a big deal.  So of course, right before I made the crib bumpers and adjustable crib skirt, I made Rory a fun skirt.




I haven't had the chance to get any real decent pictures of it yet.  A certain three-year-old helper was having too much fun popping into the shot and the overcast weather wasn't working with my red sparkly tulle.

I looked at a few like this one, from made.  Honestly, I didn't read too much on the instructions this time.  I just kind of grabbed some fabric and tulle and went to town.  It's kind of fun.  I'm thinking about making some more for some other girlies that I know.

After I finish the rest of the "real" sewing that I need to do.

Probably.

No comments:

Blogging tips