Monday, June 27, 2011

New-To-Me-Again Shirt

BEFORE


When I was pregnant with Rory, my good friend Kacy gave me a white gauzy hoodie.  I loved it.  She said it had never really fit her well and felt a little maternity.  It fit me (and the belly) nicely.  Fast forward four years and I still have the top.  Still love it.  Makes me think "maternity" because I wore it early in both of my pregnancies, but it isn't technically a maternity top and I can't get rid of it.  So I grabbed my trusty seam-ripper (we have a love-hate relationship) and my new scissors (thanks, Andrew!) and made a new version.

AFTER: It looks even better ironed, I promise!


I removed the hood, made a new neckline, then shortened and added elastic to the sleeves.  I took a piece of the hood drawstring and made a loop for the new button closure.

No comments:

Blogging tips