Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ella!



Rory made a new friend in swimming lessons this summer!  We were invited to come over and celebrate Ella's birthday and Rory couldn't have been more excited.  We decided that she needed to have an Ella doll (enter the Black Apple Doll pattern!)  I tried making pigtails for the first time and added a little nose- both additions that I like a lot.  I was going for "sun-kissed summer highlights" with the two-toned hair, but I think it ended up a little more "baby punk rock."  Either way.  Happy 4th birthday, sweet Ella!  

This is definitely one of my favorite patterns.  Ever.  It's not difficult and can look a little different each time.  I made one for Jack recently, too.  It made Andrew's eyebrow raise a teensy bit, but I think it's adorable that he'll pick up Rory's doll and hug it, saying, "Awwww."  Of course, then he chucks it across the room, but for the four seconds of sweetness, it's pretty darn cute.  So I made him a boy version.  It could use a little more tweaking.  I gave him ears and jeans and a t-shirt.  I think he needs a nose.  It worked so well for Ella's doll that I might try to add one.  He likes it.  He also really likes to point out the ceiling fan.  


No comments:

Blogging tips