Friday, November 11, 2011

One for two.

Just before Halloween, I was a sports-related nervous wreck.  By that point, the Rangers had stopped and restarted my heart at least a dozen times.  TCU had a big game against BYU at Cowboys Stadium. We had tickets to see the Horned Frogs, and spent a fair amount of time squinting at the baseball game on TV in several of the boxes.  I had decided on making purple candy corns that morning to share.  And for good luck, let's not kid ourselves.  I was dressed in purple but decided that I needed to support the Rangers at the same time, so I whipped up a few little felt pins in the car on the way.


As it turns out, the candy corns worked.  To my surprise, they weren't awful.  I didn't think they tasted exactly like the packaged-for-fifty-years-and-still-taste-pretty-good store-bought ones, but not entirely gross, either.

No comments:

Blogging tips