Friday, April 24, 2009


I've been in an instant gratification mood lately and made a few things for Rory. The skirt is from an awesome old sheet. Pre-hemmed! I'll be stretching it as far as I can because I really love the design of it. Very summery. Not sure why I haven't done anything with it before. (Use it as an actual sheet? Nonsense!)

The dress is a cute little pattern that I've had for a while. It crosses in the back and wraps around. The bloomers that go with it needed a little (cough, cough) tweaking. At first try-on the waist went up to her armpits. A bit frightening. I added the bird to it and to the shirt because I can't help myself lately. Maybe the cardinal's nest outside my window is subliminal inspiration, but I'm drawn to bird stuff. On everything.

3 comments:

Kacy said...

Green is an excellent color on Rory!

nejyerf said...

love the skirt. too bad it doesn't come in big girl size!!

KD said...

I love the bird...so summer-ish!

Blogging tips