Friday, June 25, 2010

Messy Fun


My mom used to make homemade finger paints and play dough. I still like the homemade stuff better than any store-bought kind I've ever used. The smell alone brings back floods of memories of messy summer days at the kitchen table. She bought me the same book of cool kid recipes that she used and every now and then I remember that I have it. Rory asked for finger paints the other day and I was happy to oblige.

I'm not sure that they ended up as finger paints so much as Q-tip paints, but hey, she was happy. The mess was pretty much contained, too. We stripped the kid down to her pull-ups and put some paper on a big cookie sheet. Ta-da! And I was able to get a little bit of sewing done. You know, mostly uninterrupted.

The recipe is from Feed Me I'm Yours.

1 comment:

Karen said...

This is a wonderful memory. The smells, the messes, the creativity...priceless. Love you!

Blogging tips