Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cake Fail

My mother-in-law is a cake goddess.  I'm not kidding around here.  She makes delicious masterpieces and makes it seem simple enough to recreate.  I understand now how humble she is about her mad skills because I am, as it turns out, extraordinarily bad at cake decorating. 

Like, seriously bad.

This is a problem.  Margaret the Cake Goddess is going to be out of town this weekend.  That means that I am going to make the cake for my sister-in-law's baby shower on Saturday.  (Sorry in advance, Jayne!)  Armed with cake goddess supplies and a lot of great advice, I did a practice run with my icing.  It tasted fantastic.  Unfortunately it looked like...well, epic fail.  Oh my.  This is so much harder than it looks, folks.  Given that I need MUCH more practice than I have time for right now, I made the executive decision to serve cupcakes instead.

Until the Goddess of Cakes heard of my failure and offered to come over and do some coaching.  We'll see if tonight's Cake Boot Camp works miracles.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Blogging tips