Sunday, September 11, 2011

We love cookies, yes we do! We love cookies, how 'bout you?


I made oatmeal raisin cookies a while ago.  They had more "cookie" substance than recipes I've used before and we all decided that they kind of rocked.  I can't really take credit.  I just followed directions.  I got the recipe online somewhere and excitedly wrote it down, then forgot where it came from.  Oops.

When I went to make a second batch, I realized that I didn't have enough raisins.  Instead of cheating cookie perfection, I found another recipe.  Iced Pumpkin Cookies.  Hello, tastiness.  I'm a fan of pumping up my cookie with some icing, but read a review recommending cream cheese frosting instead and couldn't stop drooling.  Enter Cream Cheese Frosting II.  I played with the ingredients of both cookie and frosting a little based on several reviews.  They were good, too.  Soft, almost like muffin tops, with cream cheesy deliciousness.

By this point we were all cookie-spoiled.  So I made another batch.  Back to oatmeal raisin.  Mmmm.  When the kids asked for dessert this week I had a sugar-laced epiphany.  Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Sandwich with Cream Cheese Frosting.  And we all lived happily ever after.



Caution: If you teach your 1-yr-old how to say "Cookie, please." in sign language you will not be able to say "no" to him.  Ever.  Also, your head may explode from cute overload.

No comments:

Blogging tips