Tuesday, August 4, 2009

More Birds to Love!

I promised Landry's parents that I would make a bird mobile for her the day she was born. That might have been almost two months ago. I had been eyeing an adorable knitted one and started on it. (I got three birds into it.) Then I came across this fabric bird mobile and fell head over heels. I used fabric that matches Landry's bedding/diaper bags and branches from my yard. The pattern calls for hand-sewing, so I made these little birds while catching up on DVR'd Gilmore Girls episodes. The balancing part was tricky, but with some lentils to weight the bottom bird and some super-duper math skills, it all worked out. Her parents seemed pleased, so I'm calling it a win-win-win.

(The pattern and instructions are at Spool.)

3 comments:

Klementine said...

Sweet Lincoln's mullet, this thing is freaking amazing. Seriously. I almost started to cry when I saw it. We're trying to find the perfect place to hang it. Excuse me, INSTALL it. It's a work of art.

Thanks, Aunt Mandy!

Now, if I could just get 'Teve! 'Teve! 'Teve! out of my head, that would be awesome.

Andrew said...

Aw, thanks. You're very welcome.

"Alan! Alan! Alan!"

Andrew said...

"Chimpanzee riding on a segway...bam ba-ba-bam bam bam."

Blogging tips