Thursday, July 5, 2012

Close Call

An hour or so before we were ready to head out of the house for some food and fireworks, Rory informed me that I hadn't made her anything patriotic this year.  Crafty mom fail.

I quickly found scraps leftover from last year's shorts and made a pinwheel hair clip just in time.   Whew, that  was a close one!







































I put a little bit of Mod Podge on the back of two small squares of fabric, stuck them together and let them mostly dry.  Then I cut the edges to make a pinwheel and dried it completely.  Or, you know, close enough. We're impatient around here.  And always running late.  I sewed a button in the middle and glued it onto a clip and we were off in time for burgers, water balloons and fireworks!

I hope you had a good Fourth of July, too!

No comments:

Blogging tips