Thursday, February 7, 2013

Hello, my name is Mandy.

Hello, my name is Mandy.
I make stuff.
I also used to blog about it on a fairly regular basis. It's been a while, hasn't it?  I realized as I took this picture just before taking my daughter to school:



There have been exactly 100 school days since my last post.  The dress she wore in the previous post on the first day of school is now about two inches too short.  Oops.  It's not like I haven't been making stuff.   I'll try to do a quick recap or some highlights and then get back on track with this thing.  Probably.

Kindergarteners celebrate the 100th day of school with a big party. We're talking Goldfish crackers and M&M's here.  The good stuff.  They were asked to make a shirt to wear to school that has 100 items on it. We talked about painting something on a shirt, or maybe adding 100 fingerprints.  Rory decided that that didn't count as 100 items.  She got me on a technicality.  I aimlessly walked around Hobby Lobby and came up with 100 ribbons because clearly I needed to add much more difficulty to the project.  The original plan was to make the pencil attached to the shirt, but after sewing on 100 delightful ribbons, I decided that it should be a separate piece so that she can wear the shirt again when she's not celebrating school days.  Rory loves it.  She was twirling around in it this morning and excitedly saying that it was like a hula skirt shirt.  And in the end, that's really all that matters, isn't it?  Happy girl. Happy mommy.

1 comment:

emk said...

It is SOOO good to "hear" from you again! That shirt is out of control! I am not looking forward to these kinds of craft-obligatory "celebrations"! :-)

Blogging tips